Thursday 1 March 2018

Blog Fog

Research Inquiry: An exploration into the Blog experience of MAPP'ers

I have had blog problems since the start, most of which is probably down to me, but I just wanted to find out if others are experiencing confusion or frustration.

*I seem to be unable to 'follow' some MAPPers
*For those I am following, I am not notified about their new posts
*Adesola appears to be the only person I am following that I get notified about re new blogs

The reason this is a problem is time management mainly.

I would like to read and follow all MAPP'ers but, without knowing if anyone has 'blogged', it requires searching - and that is only for the people I have been able to follow.

Most of us are probably working full-time and studying, and so time available to go searching isn't feasible.

I know you're all out there but it's coming through intermittently

Has anyone else experienced this Blog Fog?
Is it something I am doing / not doing?

Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm having some of those issues too. I need to get more familiar with google plus so I can get those notifications, but in the interim, I've bookmarked each blog into a folder entitled MDX Blogs and then once a week I just check them all. I've probably got 40 blogs in there, but only 5-7 post weekly. I'm finding this semester that 30 minutes is plenty to check, read, and comment on the active ones.

    I realized during yesterday's skype call that there were several blogs I hadn't found before (yours being one of them!) and I was able to click onto the profiles of people who had commented on Adesola's blogs and find theirs that way. I think I found four or five new ones yesterday, but we really need a more comprehensive master list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for replying Hannah.
    I just 'followed' you but none of your blogs came up for me to view. Just can't get the hang of this...

    ReplyDelete